Friday 26 September 2014

Next Carnelian exhibition mentioned in the press

A friend has managed to get the next Carnelian exhibition - at Michaelhouse Cafe, Cambridge in November - into the October edition of Cambridge Magazine, which is absolutely brilliant and really kind of her to go to the trouble.

It can be found on page 9 of the online version: Cambridge Magazine

No pressure, then! I better get moving....

However, I wasn't wasting time today. Had a great morning with Lyz Gardner - an Ely-based artist I first "met" on Facebook and then in person at Cambridge Open Studios. She paints landscapes with oil pastels. Her facebook page is here: Lyz Gardner

I have had that medium sitting in a cupboard for years and thought it would be good to try this medium out with someone who knows what they are doing. Back for another session with her next week, putting into practice all the techniques I learnt today. Fingers crossed I am successful - if so, it will be posted here at some stage. Nice to try out other medium and I want to see if I can mix these pastels with other medium as well - I hear a play session coming on....



No comments:

Post a Comment