Saturday 28 June 2014

A few more for Open Studios....

The main batch of paintings are ready for collection from the framers, but trying to get a few more to take over to him - only a couple of weeks before they'll all be hanging in the exhibition....

I loved the head of the crowned crane I did before - so decided to do one of the full bird, in all its colourful glory. They are amazing birds - so flamboyant, so a great subject for me!

"Crowned Crane"
Acrylic inks on Bockingford half imperial NOT 425gsm watercolour paper.


I had missed doing lilies, one of my favourite flowers, so decided to do another one.

"Lily Head"
Acrylic inks and soft pastel on Bockingford half imperial NOT 425gsm watercolour paper.




Not tried dandelion heads before in acrylic inks - only watercolour. Ended up putting soft pastel on top. It is interesting that the birds/animals that I have done work well with just the inks, but the floral work benefits from the soft effect of the pastels on top.

"Dandelion Head"
Acrylic ink and soft pastel on Bockingford half imperial 
NOT 425gsm watercolour paper




Tried another peacock feather on the larger size of paper. Working so big meant that the lines were more defined, rather than a huge wash of ink (otherwise I would be putting most of the bottle on it).

"Peacock Feather II"
Acrylic ink on Bockingford half imperial 
NOT 425gsm watercolour paper



Still got a couple more in the pipeline - hoping I get them finished in time to take to framer. Poor man is up to his eyes with paintings from all the Open Studio exhibitors that know him. Anyway, think I have more than enough including this batch - and found some good ones for the browser as well, so after Tuesday (when I go to the framer) it is going to be admin stuff that is required to put on an exhibition - boring but necessary! Getting close now.... looking forward to being part of such a big event.

No comments:

Post a Comment