Monday 12 October 2015

Cambridge Drawing Society Autumn Exhibition, Cambridge

Having been accepted as a member of this Society, I am now able to exhibit at their two exhibitions each year. The next one is during the October half-term.

It is being held at the Leys School, Fen Causeway, Cambridge. Parking is available at the school.

The dates are from Saturday 24th - Saturday 31st October and is open between 10am - 4pm including Sunday.

I am exhibiting three paintings alongside some of the cards I have of my work.








The latest painting, hot off the press and going to the framer this week, is this one.

"Fierce Gaze from Golden Eyes"
Acrylic ink on Bockingford half imperial 
535gsm NOT watercolour paper

It is a very loose interpretation of a bald eagle, as of course the head of the bird is completely white! The title comes from a poem about an eagle, which I thought was very apt, as I home in on the eyes when I do birds of prey and make them much more detailed.

Looking forward to seeing what all the other members have done. There is a real variety of styles and mediums - it may be called the "Drawing Society", but nowadays people can do most things, including printing. This makes for a fascinating exhibition and hope some of you will be able to visit over the half-term period.




No comments:

Post a Comment