Wednesday 11 June 2014

Singing in Verdi's Requiem

OK - it isn't art, but this is something else I do....

I joined the St Ives Choral Society a little while ago - my youngest daughter already being an active member (not only singing, but has been allowed to conduct a couple of times and they sung a carol that she composed).

We have just performed locally with just our choir, but in early July sees us joining forces with the Huntingdon Philhamonic to do Verdi's Requiem, which requires two choirs along with orchestra and solo singers. Didn't think I knew any of the piece when we got the music, but the Dies Irae is a famous piece I have heard on the radio a lot of times. Going to be really dramatic when we sing it - can't wait. Been studying the piece while on the dog walk this morning - Ipod in ears - nothing like wandering through the countryside with the sun shining down and a bit of Verdi!

Anyway - in case any of you live locally - thought I'd post the flyer here, as tickets are on sale now.


http://www.huntsphil.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/hunts_phil_poster_07july2014.png

No comments:

Post a Comment