Monday 25 November 2013

Christmas Fayre in Hilton

I have been very quiet on the blog recently. I have actually been busy doing art, but not enough time to upload things on this site. I have done another trip to West Dean - absolutely great course with Sarah Bee who paints with pastel on top of acrylics. Very intriguing technique and one which I plan to do more of when I have a break in other things.

However, everything is focused on a craft fair in our village this coming weekend. This is a fund-raising event for the Church, which Nina and I are very happy to support. Pauline Lee, another friend, is bringing her pottery - can't wait to see what she's been up to recently.

Obviously I am having to rethink what I put on the table - there isn't any room for a browser, so I am only going to take my smaller mounted work. However, I have got some new designs done for cards - some Christmas one, which can be seen here,












and a few new ones from paintings I have recently done. So I'll be taking these, along with other cards I have done previously.














I have ordered some bookmarks of some of my paintings, but I don't know whether they will arrive in time, or if they'll have to be used for the next exhibition, which will be in the spring.


However, I have been trying a few other things - making gift tags and keyrings out of my work. This is specifically for the craft fair, as people tend to want to buy little items at these events. It will be interesting to see if they are popular.

Every key ring is different, as obviously it is an original piece of art work - but has been done in my trademark bright acrylic inks. Don't mind if they don't sell - I would like to keep a few myself! A few examples are here.

I have done a few different styles of gift tags - one design shown here.

It's quite fun trying to make things that are more accessible to people. Paintings can be viewed as rather expensive and I know I often buy other products when I go to an exhibition.

I have signed up for the Cambridge Open Studios next year, so all these things may be of use when I do that. It looks like I'll be doing the Open Studios in conjunction with Nina Sage, which will be fun - we've done a few exhibitions together now and work well together and our subject matter is the same - the natural world. Obviously information about that and also the next Carnelian exhibition will be posted here nearer to the events.



No comments:

Post a Comment